How can I decipher which company my dog is microchipped by?

We received a dog in the beginning of June. We got him through my sister-in-law's friend of a friend's mother. Really complicated. He came from California because of somebody's divorce, who knows. He came with his microchip number, but I have no idea…

We received a dog in the beginning of June. We got him through my sister-in-law's friend of a friend's mother. Really complicated. He came from California because of somebody's divorce, who knows. He came with his microchip number, but I have no idea…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I decipher which company my dog is microchipped by?...

• How can I decipher which company my dog is microchipped by?

How can I decipher which company my dog is microchipped by? General Dog Discussions
      We received a dog in the beginning of June. We got him through my sister-in-law's friend of a friend's mother. Really complicated. He came from California because of somebody's divorce, who knows. He came with his microchip number, but I have no idea how to transfer the information or who to contact because I have no idea what brand of microchip it is. The last the first few figures are 0A101, the last figure is an E. I figured those would be the most significant. Thank you!

How can I decipher which company my dog is microchipped by? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to take him somewhere there is a chip reader.Your vet should have one.They can read the chip for you and there is a number on the chip reader you can phone.They may ask for the number of the chip reader when you phone them.When I used chip readers, we had 2 different ones that read different chips.