How fun is a chinese hamster?

I am seriously thinking about getting a Chinese dwarf hamster. Are females more aggresive than males? Are they fun, entertaining, and calm to hold in your hand? Also, please don't suggest any other hamster.

I am seriously thinking about getting a Chinese dwarf hamster. Are females more aggresive than males? Are they fun, entertaining, and calm to hold in your hand? Also, please don't suggest any other hamster....
    Dogs Training Discussions : How fun is a chinese hamster?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How fun is a chinese hamster?

How fun is a chinese hamster? Dogs Training Discussions
      I am seriously thinking about getting a Chinese dwarf hamster. Are females more aggresive than males? Are they fun, entertaining, and calm to hold in your hand? Also, please don't suggest any other hamster.

How fun is a chinese hamster? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I have one. He is great. I find males are friendlier than females but thats just my own experience. I find mine fun because I can make mazes and toys for him and watch him play. They are fun to watch. I bought mine a santa shaped hamster treat at xmas and left the box next to him cage. Came back in the room and he was trying to pull the box through the bars. Pulled too much and fell off his tunnel. He was on top of it to reach the box lol. Harry can be calm to hold if you get him shortly after he wakes up. After 10 mins though he gets all lively and starts running up my arms and climbing my hair trying to get into sleeves and pockets. Loves pockets lol. His brother who lives with my cousin is very laid back and happy to sit quietly in your hand and wash himself. Neither of them bite at all but both have to be taken to the vet monthly to have their teeth cut so they can eat. It costs £6.

• Females are aggressive to each other rather than towards their owner. You cannot house a 2 or more females together without a fight, they are very territorial and intolerant to eachother. But will get on fine with their owner and make great pets.Males can live together and are a little bit more mellow than females but both are fantastic and fun to own. (I currently have 2 and have owned 5). Males don't really fight and generally get on fine for their whole life. They are fun yes, but are nocturnal so don't expect to be getting them out more than 3 times a day and hold them for about 15 minutes at a time. They are quite entertaining yes, but only when handling, they don't tend to use runner balls, well i do correct myself, i have one that will use it and he is the only one that has ever used one. But they are more fun to let them run around and explore your body because they are cute and tickle you especially when they run around the back of your neck. They are calm in your hand yes and will most likely be relaxed with handling unlike the roborovski dwraf hamster which will run around and are very speedy!I hope i helped :)