Yorkie puppies or dogs: How often must you take them to?

them to get a "hair curt"? I am getting ready to purchase one, but they look so cute with a trimmed coat. I have never had a dog so any advice or tips will help

them to get a "hair curt"? I am getting ready to purchase one, but they look so cute with a trimmed coat. I have never had a dog so any advice or tips will help...
    General Dog Discussions : Yorkie puppies or dogs: How often must you take them to?...

• Yorkie puppies or dogs: How often must you take them to?

Yorkie puppies or dogs: How often must you take them to? General Dog Discussions
      them to get a "hair curt"? I am getting ready to purchase one, but they look so cute with a trimmed coat. I have never had a dog so any advice or tips will help

Yorkie puppies or dogs: How often must you take them to? General Dog Discussions
    • Keep them with a "puppy" cut. It is shorter on the body so it takes longer to get scraggly. They normally need a groom every 6 - 8 weeks. Nails longer, but they need to be checked every groom. That is included in the groom cost and so is ear cleaning. But tell the groomer no water in the ears. It helps keep ear issues down.

• If you are talking about a puppy or pixie cut, I would take the dog in about every month to two months. I have found that I have to take my yorkie in about ever 6 - 7 weeks to keep his hair the length I perfer. Most stores that also groom charge quite a bit for a full groom, so it could get fairly pricey. So I would look around for a local person that grooms independently of a store. I have a local groomer in my town that I absolutely love and she charges half of the stores around here AND I can stay with my dog, not leave him there for 3 hours while he sits in a nasty crate in the back of the shop.