How do you make really fun home-made dog toys?

I am getting a dog and I want to make some home-made dog toys! I can afford a dog it's just that I want something that will be fun for it to play with and not boring like a silly squeaker things from the shops.

I am getting a dog and I want to make some home-made dog toys! I can afford a dog it's just that I want something that will be fun for it to play with and not boring like a silly squeaker things from the shops....
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do you make really fun home-made dog toys?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you make really fun home-made dog toys?

How do you make really fun home-made dog toys? Dogs Training Discussions
      I am getting a dog and I want to make some home-made dog toys! I can afford a dog it's just that I want something that will be fun for it to play with and not boring like a silly squeaker things from the shops.

How do you make really fun home-made dog toys? Dogs Training Discussions
    • For my dogs, I took some left over fuzzy yarn and crocheted a mouse shaped toy. I got the pattern on Lion Brand Yarn's website. I modified it oto make it bigger and added a long rope "tail". I use the tail to drag the toy on the ground or pull it away to give them an outlet for their prey drive.I also sometimes make simple teddy bears and such out of scrap fabric or old towels. Old T-shirts or jeans are another great thing to use, then it smells like you. Just cut out a simple shape (the same shape twice), and them together and stuff it with regular cotton stuffing or bits of fabric or cotton balls.

• I give my dog old scraps of material sometimes to shred up he likes to shred things. We also get hooves from like petsmart and put peanut butter in them, come to think of it we put in a lot of things and he has to lick it out. It is good for his brain development to seek and find.

• There is so many toys that can be made at home just out of old, things laying around the house;Try this - SOCK SWING BALL * Take 4/5 discarded socks. * At least one of them should be knee length. * Use this knee length sock for the base. * Roll up and stuff the remaining socks inside * Tie a knot in the base sock(s) just above the stuffed areaThat's all there is to it! Go play fetch or tug-of-war with your dog! (Just watch carefully to make sure your buddy doesn't swallow any pieces of sock. These can cause choking or digestive problems.)Try this one - SOCK BALL * Use a minimum of 4 socks * Use your longest sock with the smallest holes for the base * Roll and stuff the other socks inside * Tie a firm knot in the base sock above the stuffed area * Double the end of the base sock back over the entire ball * Tie a knot above the stuffed area again * Repeat until you cannot tie a knot any more * Cut the end off the sock just above the last knotSock balls are best used for playing fetch or soccer, indoors or out. Again, please supervise your dog at all times to make sure he or she does not choke on or swallow any sock pieces.Notes: Sock balls can be washed and dried along with other dog items.I also use old T-shirt - wash cloth tie them in a knot and toss/fetch. My boys just love em.