Are there any low-maintenance pets besides fish that are easy to take care of and fun?

I am looking for a nice, cute, fun little pet that is very easy to take care of but isn't a fish. And NO snakes, lizards, tarantulas, or turtles--I LOVE turtles, but no thanks. Any suggestions?

Are there any low-maintenance pets besides fish that are easy to take care of and fun?

I am looking for a nice, cute, fun little pet that is very easy to take care of but isn't a fish. And NO snakes, lizards, tarantulas, or turtles--I LOVE turtles, but no thanks. Any suggestions?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Are there any low-maintenance pets besides fish that are easy to take care of and fun?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are there any low-maintenance pets besides fish that are easy to take care of and fun?

Are there any low-maintenance pets besides fish that are easy to take care of and fun? Dogs Training Discussions
      I am looking for a nice, cute, fun little pet that is very easy to take care of but isn't a fish. And NO snakes, lizards, tarantulas, or turtles--I LOVE turtles, but no thanks. Any suggestions?

Are there any low-maintenance pets besides fish that are easy to take care of and fun? Dogs Training Discussions
    • What you're looking for is a rodent.I own 2 gerbils, and I think they're the best out of the smaller rodents. They're aren't as smelly as the smaller rodents (because they are desert animals, not urinating as much), but they're just as fun to watch and if you tame them, to hold. Gerbils are very soft and warm and definitely low maintenance.Out of the bigger rodents, I would definitely suggest a guinea pig! Guinea pigs are good for people who really want to interact a lot with their pet. They don't bite (unless they're angry of course...) and are soft, furry, and cute! They're a bit more maintenance then the smaller rodents, and they cost quite a bit more. But if money is not the problem, then you should definitely get a guinea pig!Oh and by the way, for low maintenace you probably should not get a dog or a cat as they require a lot of care.♥♥~~♥♥Answering.

• small birds are very low maintenance but can sometimes be very annoying and i know someone told you to get a guinea pig but i have one and they are fun but not low maintenance i would try hamsters or gerbils some kind of small rodent

• Chinchillas are very cuddly and pretty darn low maintenance...I have 2 and I love them to bits. They need of course feed, bedding , cage, glass water bottle (they like to chew), a hidey box (could be cardboard), chinchilla sand (for bathing) and a bathing house. And they are SO cute when they bathe, lol.

• Any type of rodent would do well! They are very low maintenance! Or i would say a rabbit! They them selves do not require much up keep but the cage does. I have a hamster and 4 rabbits and i like my rabbits better then my hamster. My hamster has an attitude, were as rabbits you can do much more with!

• Gerbils, mice or hamsters. Clean them out once a week, replace food and water every day, handle them as much as you like. Cheap, cheerful, cute and sweet. Done. Just to warn you though, mice are a tad on the smelly side.I would not go for rabbits or any larger rodents like rats, chinchillas, guinea pigs as some people above are suggesting...these animals are actually quite a lot of work if they are being cared for properly.