How do i know if my dog has a tick, hes black?

I have a 7 month old fully black pit bull, recently noticed he was biting on his paws, i looked at them lastnight and its a small like grey scab right in the center of the top of his paw.I cant tell if theres a tick in it or not? I dont even know how to…

I have a 7 month old fully black pit bull, recently noticed he was biting on his paws, i looked at them lastnight and its a small like grey scab right in the center of the top of his paw.I cant tell if theres a tick in it or not? I dont even know how to…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do i know if my dog has a tick, hes black?...

• How do i know if my dog has a tick, hes black?

How do i know if my dog has a tick, hes black? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a 7 month old fully black pit bull, recently noticed he was biting on his paws, i looked at them lastnight and its a small like grey scab right in the center of the top of his paw.I cant tell if theres a tick in it or not? I dont even know how to identify it, so im just asking if anyone has an idea if it is. I am planning on calling the vet but i just wanted some outside answers first. Thanks!

How do i know if my dog has a tick, hes black? Other Pet Discussions
    • Well normally when dogs have ticks and biting one area or more where they feel that it is affecting them but from stores like asda if your american walmart they sell tick free collars that you put on your dog and the ticks should go

• If you suspect the tick bite may result in the transmission of disease you need to keep the tick in good condition so the tick can be tested as the disease carrier. Here's one way to preserve the tick - use a small section of paper towel and make it just damp, place the tick in the towel and seal it in a plastic zip-lock bag (date it). The best method for stopping insect borne disease is to avoid the bite. To begin with, ticks don't fly, jump or blow around with the wind; these suspects are not ticks. Understanding the disease potential ticks threaten our dogs with and having the capability to identify the basic tick group will help your present your dog's systems or potential disease issue to your veterinarian so that treatment can be initiated.

• All you have to do is to go onto google... images.. ticks on dogs...http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1279&bih=894&q=ticks&oq=ticks&gs_l=img.3..0l10.2070.2715.0.3088.5.5.0.0.0.0.94.414.5.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.7.img.bhCw7lg2MB8#hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=ticks+on+dogs&oq=ticks+o&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.5034.5930.0.7937.2.2.0.0.0.0.87.162.2.2.0...0.0...1c.1.7.img.ihe94P2WyTk&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44442042,d.d2k&fp=d6ca9497a5ea4a09&biw=1279&bih=894and you'll see plenty of pics of them.God..some of those are just awful. I have never seen multiple ticks on a dog like those infesting some of these in the images. Just awful.

• Some dogs will chew on their feet, especially if they itch. I would have your vet check for dry skin and hot spots. I wouldn't think there would still be a tick attached if your dog is chewing on it. It sounds to me more like your dog has dry skin.