How do you know if your dog has a tick?and what does it look like?

I think my dog might have a tick. i just noticed it today,its on his head like a little above his eye,its kinda grayish and its about as Little as a crumb.can any one help me?

I think my dog might have a tick. i just noticed it today,its on his head like a little above his eye,its kinda grayish and its about as Little as a crumb.can any one help me?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you know if your dog has a tick?and what does it look like?...

• How do you know if your dog has a tick?and what does it look like?

How do you know if your dog has a tick?and what does it look like? Other Pet Discussions
      I think my dog might have a tick. i just noticed it today,its on his head like a little above his eye,its kinda grayish and its about as Little as a crumb.can any one help me?

How do you know if your dog has a tick?and what does it look like? Other Pet Discussions
    • Any creature that attaches itself to your skin and sucks your blood is high on the list of things you want to avoid. Worse yet, ticks present a health risk for both dogs and humans. Different ticks have distinct lifestyles that influence when they're most active. Most present a higher risk during warmer months, but they're a year-round threat in many places. Here's more info:http://dwarfurl.com/ffc98

• It sounds like a "fresh" or recently attached tick, if you look closely you should be able to make out it's legs near the attached end, close to the skin. They will look like...well little black buglegs. You might have to lift the back part of the body (carefully) a bit in order to see them. If you are unsure, wait a few hours to see if it gets bigger. It will get quite fat as it sucks the blood. Removing a tick is not that hard. It can be pulled out quit easy, just have to make sure to not tear of it's head. If you want to try yourself, I suggest you look it up on google...with pictures. You could also try different methods to cut of it's airsupply. Vegtable oil usually does the trick. Just soak the skin around the area of the tick. And check back after a day. Or you could get the vet to remove it as well.Lyme disease is only an issue if you don't remove it and it drops from the dog and stays in your house where it might bite you later. If you remove it yourself, put it in a papertowl and burn it or flush it. You won't catch the disease just from touch, it would have to "dig in" and it's not that fast :) good luck