What happens if dogs eat flea and tick medication?

I just gave my dog some medication to prevent ticks and fleas, but she started to lick some off. Is it okay? Should i call the vet? Its only a couple of drops.

I just gave my dog some medication to prevent ticks and fleas, but she started to lick some off. Is it okay? Should i call the vet? Its only a couple of drops....
    Other Pet Discussions : What happens if dogs eat flea and tick medication?...

• What happens if dogs eat flea and tick medication?

What happens if dogs eat flea and tick medication? Other Pet Discussions
      I just gave my dog some medication to prevent ticks and fleas, but she started to lick some off. Is it okay? Should i call the vet? Its only a couple of drops.

What happens if dogs eat flea and tick medication? Other Pet Discussions
    • Just keep an eye on her and call the vet if she begins to act sickly.Flea and tick medication is made to be very safe for animals (though cheaper brands are less so) - they're not going to sell something to put on a dog that will kill it with a few licks. They know dogs are likely to lick the spot of application and take this into consideration during drug testing. So, I think your pup will be perfectly fine. Again, just keep an eye on her. MOST animals are fine, but there's always crazy things that can happen. If you're exceedingly worried, do what the other posters said and call poison control or your vet.