If my dog is taking Sentinel does she need to have any other flea medication?

Sentinel says it protects against flea, tick, and heartworm. It is a pill they chew up and take with a meal. Does she also need a topical flea medication?

Sentinel says it protects against flea, tick, and heartworm. It is a pill they chew up and take with a meal. Does she also need a topical flea medication?...
    Other Pet Discussions : If my dog is taking Sentinel does she need to have any other flea medication?...

• If my dog is taking Sentinel does she need to have any other flea medication?

If my dog is taking Sentinel does she need to have any other flea medication? Other Pet Discussions
      Sentinel says it protects against flea, tick, and heartworm. It is a pill they chew up and take with a meal. Does she also need a topical flea medication?

If my dog is taking Sentinel does she need to have any other flea medication? Other Pet Discussions
    • If you are having a flea problem, then yes, use a topical. All that Sentinel does is sterilize fleas, like a birth control. It doesn't kill or repel fleas.

• Sentinel should do the trick alone. She shouldn't need any flea medications. But if your dog happens to get fleas here's what you can do: try to avoid buying flea collars since they only kill fleas and ticks around the neck area. Fleas tend to stay around the dogs backside so go and buy some 'Spot on flea and tick control' and apply it to your dog. Other than that the Sentinel should work. Much luck!