How can you habilitate a dog that is potentially aggressive?

She is 4 years old and has lived with another dog her entire life. She isn't fixed and I know that is part of the problem. She hasn't bitten anyone but has attacked the dog she lives with and another dog. We don't want to put her down. She always thinks…

She is 4 years old and has lived with another dog her entire life. She isn't fixed and I know that is part of the problem. She hasn't bitten anyone but has attacked the dog she lives with and another dog. We don't want to put her down. She always thinks…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can you habilitate a dog that is potentially aggressive?...

• How can you habilitate a dog that is potentially aggressive?

How can you habilitate a dog that is potentially aggressive? Other Pet Discussions
      She is 4 years old and has lived with another dog her entire life. She isn't fixed and I know that is part of the problem. She hasn't bitten anyone but has attacked the dog she lives with and another dog. We don't want to put her down. She always thinks she is the dominant dog. I just need help with habilitation because I can't afford a trainer and I want to get this fixed before she kills someone or something. On a good note the two dogs that have been attacked weren't severely hurt and are living right now as we speak.

How can you habilitate a dog that is potentially aggressive? Other Pet Discussions
    • your most likely problem is that the other dog was the dominant one and knew the proper way to convey this. your 4 yr old then got bumped up to this position and uses brute force to convey it.the underlying problem- you are not the leader/dominant. and your dog feels like it need to "protect the pack" research how to become dominant and make your dog submissive and things should change

• Rehabilitation for an aggressive dog is a waste of time. Aggression is genetic and there's nothing you can do. I would highly recommend you put her down,

• You can'tYou can never 'rehabilitate' an aggressive dog, less so one that is genetically aggressive and is a ticking time bomb. Aggression is genetic, you can't train it out, you can't love it out. The only thing you can do is have the dog humanly put downIt has nothing at all to do with such outdated and proven wrong things like domination. The dog is mentally unstable and digressive. it needs to be humanly put down before it bites and you get sued. Op is one of those delusianl people who believe they can love to train aggression out of a dog and then whine when the dog attacks and it has to be destroyed any way