What is the best dog to buy for children?

we are looking for a medium size dog for my 6 year old and 3 year old. We just bought 2 acres of land, and want to buy them a dog.

we are looking for a medium size dog for my 6 year old and 3 year old. We just bought 2 acres of land, and want to buy them a dog....
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best dog to buy for children?...

• What is the best dog to buy for children?

What is the best dog to buy for children? General Dog Discussions
      we are looking for a medium size dog for my 6 year old and 3 year old. We just bought 2 acres of land, and want to buy them a dog.

What is the best dog to buy for children? General Dog Discussions
    • To tell you the truth, I just love our Golden Retriever. He is the absolute best dog in the world. He is so loving and patient. He plays with and tolerates the kids extremely well. While I realize that he is more on the medium to large size range, you do have land that can accomodate him. I am very confident in this breed and I do not think that you will be disappointed. From this point on, I am sticking to Golden Retrievers, they are the best! My grandaughter used to lay down against Buddy and drink her bottle. He is very playful yet protects and bonds so well.

• There is no best dog to buy for children, There are plenty of breeds that do well with the whole family, w/ children... A good book that teaches kids how to respect animals, and the decision that YOU will be the one caring for the dog, and buy the dog for the family , not the children..

• Welsh Corgis.....they are small, cute, and extrmely friendly. They are also very intelligent. Follow the link to find out more information about why a corgi would be great for you and your family (also reasons why it wouldn't).

• Since you want a medium size dog, I would say a beagle. They are very good with kids and are good dogs...except for the howling. They bark, but mostly howl. Chocolate labs can be on the smaller size compared to Golden Receivers, well basically any type of lab. You could also go for a mix. The best dog I had in my whole life was a mutt, we had no idea what she was!!!! I would check with your local shelter to see what they say, they would be the experts or you can find breeders also. Maybe a labradoodle?!?! Good luck!!!

• I have been doing dog training from an obedience stand point for almost 15 years. The breed the I tell people most often is a German Shepard. Get a nice puppy and go from there. They are good with kids, a great watch dog and they are so easy to train. I hope this helps and hope you and your family have a Happy Holidays!!