Will a 14 year old mixed German shephard dog be able to make a move?

Dear Coco is my son's first and only ever dog. She's old but still manages to get around and play with our granddaughter, although gently. I'm not worried about their other dog, a 7 year old husky. What kind of advice would you give to them when they…

Dear Coco is my son's first and only ever dog. She's old but still manages to get around and play with our granddaughter, although gently. I'm not worried about their other dog, a 7 year old husky. What kind of advice would you give to them when they…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will a 14 year old mixed German shephard dog be able to make a move?...

• Will a 14 year old mixed German shephard dog be able to make a move?

Will a 14 year old mixed German shephard dog be able to make a move? General Dog Discussions
      Dear Coco is my son's first and only ever dog. She's old but still manages to get around and play with our granddaughter, although gently. I'm not worried about their other dog, a 7 year old husky. What kind of advice would you give to them when they take the dogs down, it will be by car, about a three hour ride.

Will a 14 year old mixed German shephard dog be able to make a move? General Dog Discussions
    • I think you should go down to the vet clinic and explain the situation.He may or may not give you a sleep tablet for her to calm her down.The vet will know best,Good luck =]

• dog trainer 30 plus years -What a kind soul you are to care about your sons dog. Yes, they can make a move. It's not the drive so much that is the problem...it's "feeling at home" after the move. I suggest that in the car they keep things low key...including music or movies. When they have arrived make the dogs area as close to what she was used to before. I would suggest however if the dog was not allowed to sleep in the same room...that this would be allowed until she gets used to her surroundings. Also...I know that this is gross but it helps...if they bag up a few of her poos and put it in a zip lock (about 4 to make sure there is no aroma) then put it in their new yard...it will help the dog to feel a bit more willing to relieve herself without stress.I wish them much happiness.

• first, bring water. make sure to give them ample time to go to the bathroom and time to run around and get some exercises. they need exercise and maybe that will get them tired. good luck.