How do I teach the release cue to my dog?

I recently learned that teaching the release cue is essential to dog training. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to teach it. Can you help me?Sorry for being unclear. I mean the verbal signal that tells my dog that she can go back to whatever she was…

I recently learned that teaching the release cue is essential to dog training. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to teach it. Can you help me?Sorry for being unclear. I mean the verbal signal that tells my dog that she can go back to whatever she was…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How do I teach the release cue to my dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I teach the release cue to my dog?

How do I teach the release cue to my dog? Dogs Training Discussions
      I recently learned that teaching the release cue is essential to dog training. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to teach it. Can you help me?Sorry for being unclear. I mean the verbal signal that tells my dog that she can go back to whatever she was doing before I asked her to do something.

How do I teach the release cue to my dog? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I use a release cue after I have verbally praised the dog. This means the dog has permission to break the exercise. I will give the release cue when the dog gets the treat, the toy or the play. Popular release words are okay, free, and done.For example the sit stay. I return to the dog's side. I give him some wonderful praise and petting. the dog must remain in place until I give him the release cue. This is where I play with him, give him his toy, or give him the treat.

• First off, training classes will probably be a good idea for you. It's easier to learn that way. Telling someone how to teach commands over the internet isn't the most productive or easiest way to go about it. Anyways, get your dogs favorite treat out, put it in one hand. Engage them in play with a toy in another hand. Once they're excited over the toy, present the treat. If the dog drops the toy, reward it with the treat. After a few times of doing this, add a verbal command like drop it, or release.