Can you make a living off of training dogs?

I have a passion for dogs and was considering opening my own dog training business but am unsure if I can make a decent living from it. Would it help to include other services like grooming or sell a few retail items? Do people still use pet trainers?

I have a passion for dogs and was considering opening my own dog training business but am unsure if I can make a decent living from it. Would it help to include other services like grooming or sell a few retail items? Do people still use pet trainers?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Can you make a living off of training dogs?...

• Can you make a living off of training dogs?

Can you make a living off of training dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a passion for dogs and was considering opening my own dog training business but am unsure if I can make a decent living from it. Would it help to include other services like grooming or sell a few retail items? Do people still use pet trainers?

Can you make a living off of training dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • People do it all the time. It isn't a particularly high paying job, generally somewhere around $20,000-$40,000 annually. But, that's definitely a livable salary. Supplementing your business could certainly help if you want to make more.As for whether people still use pet trainers, the answer is of course. I could be wrong, but I believe that the demand for professional dog trainers is actually growing.