What kind of dog will mix well with an mini American Eskimo?

Once I have my dog trained and grown a bit I would like to get another dog but I'm not sure what breed will get along best will mine.... Any suggestions?

Once I have my dog trained and grown a bit I would like to get another dog but I'm not sure what breed will get along best will mine.... Any suggestions?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What kind of dog will mix well with an mini American Eskimo?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kind of dog will mix well with an mini American Eskimo?

What kind of dog will mix well with an mini American Eskimo? Dogs Training Discussions
      Once I have my dog trained and grown a bit I would like to get another dog but I'm not sure what breed will get along best will mine.... Any suggestions?

What kind of dog will mix well with an mini American Eskimo? Dogs Training Discussions
    • It depends on the individual dogs, not the breed. Make sure to socialize your dog well with dogs of all sizes, and then when you are ready for another dog- decide on a breed that you can provide the proper care for. If you find a dog that you like, no matter the breed, hold some meeting sessions between the two dogs. First on neutral ground and then at your home.

• A long while back, my cousin and I both had golden retrievers only a few months apart. (Both girls). When her dog was hit by a car after years of the two being very close, my dog was devastated and basically moped around for a few weeks. They got a new puppy who, at first, my dog did not take to. She is so gentle and very lovable (my dog) but she was used to playing with a dog her own size. She didn't play with the puppy much, because the puppy was so small, my dog didn't want to hurt the other, and she was still confused as to where her best friend had disappeared to. When the puppy was big enough not to get stepped on, my dog would do the usual dog type playing with her. They get very unhappy when they can't see each other for more than a few days and whine and pant and chew things up. I know a lot of people with big dogs and little dogs together but if you're looking for a companion for your other dog I would suggest one closer to the same size, so it's easier for them to play and get along without hurting a smaller dog. Introduce them slowly, don't lock them each away separately, but make sure you're with them at all times they're together for a while until it is sure that they won't have any problems. Bring your dog to dog parks or on walks in places where you're likely to come across many different sizes and shapes of dog so it's not such a shock to your dog and he'll know how to act better.Please consider spaying and neutering, so you do not add to the incredible overpopulation of dogs and take a home away from an irresponsible pet owner who has already brought puppies into the world that need homes. There are so many animals that are at risk of euthanization, starvation, and neglect that need loving, responsible owners. You should also seriously consider adoption from your local animal shelter. They would probably allow our dog to meet the other dog to make sure they are more compatible with each other and you'll be saving that dog from a life of uncertainty and homelessness.