Would it be feasible to charge people to train their dogs to do tricks?

I am not very interested in obedience, but I love to do agility, flyball and especially trick training. Without the obedience classes, would a dog training center still be feasible? Would you go?Our flyball "club" does charge for introduction training as…

I am not very interested in obedience, but I love to do agility, flyball and especially trick training. Without the obedience classes, would a dog training center still be feasible? Would you go?Our flyball "club" does charge for introduction training as…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Would it be feasible to charge people to train their dogs to do tricks?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Would it be feasible to charge people to train their dogs to do tricks?

Would it be feasible to charge people to train their dogs to do tricks? Dogs Training Discussions
      I am not very interested in obedience, but I love to do agility, flyball and especially trick training. Without the obedience classes, would a dog training center still be feasible? Would you go?Our flyball "club" does charge for introduction training as it takes away alot of training time from the active canine members.I was planning on a dog daycare, with classes in the evening. The dog daycare is feasible where I live, the classes would be fun.

Would it be feasible to charge people to train their dogs to do tricks? Dogs Training Discussions
    • My trainer's facility offers agility courses...he charges for them.I know some other facilities charge for "tricks courses" as well.My thing is, I have no problem paying for that kind of stuff (if I wanted to - but google is free when it comes to dog tricks) but that facility better be teaching obedience classes as well. So at least I know that these trainers are reputable. As far as flyball - I was under the impression that flyball people usually do things as a "club" (free of charge) until they go to competitions than each owner has to pay for their own registration.

• some places specialize in agility etc, so yes, that's feasible- but most people don't make enough money at it unless they are very, very good- both as competitors (winning national level competitions) and also good instructors and business people. Consider offering tricks classes for a shelter, or another obedience school or training club.