What is the best way to train a pet fox?

I recently adopted a friendly 6 month old fox. She is super nice, but I need a good method to train her. I want to start with sit. Should I use dog training methods?

I recently adopted a friendly 6 month old fox. She is super nice, but I need a good method to train her. I want to start with sit. Should I use dog training methods?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What is the best way to train a pet fox?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best way to train a pet fox?

What is the best way to train a pet fox? Dogs Training Discussions
      I recently adopted a friendly 6 month old fox. She is super nice, but I need a good method to train her. I want to start with sit. Should I use dog training methods?

What is the best way to train a pet fox? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Interesting! I don't know anything at all about foxes, but I'd assume since they are related to dogs, that would be a good place to start. I recommend clicker training, since the immediate feedback seems to help most animals learn faster. I HAVE trained a wolf, and they are very similar to dogs but seem to be "slower learners" - I think it is because they haven't had the centuries of domesticity to make them really WANT to do what humans ask, if that makes sense. (She sure wasn't dumb, but she was very stubborn). I'm thinking a fox might be much the same? And I'd definitely be working on manners and appropriate behaviour much more than trick training.