why does my dog like to put his neck on my foot?

My dog is a male, 11 years old. 3 quarters jack Russel, one quarter foxy. Whenever I or another family member is sitting cross legged on a seat, he always comes up and rubs his neck/lower chin on our foot to the point where he might lift his front legs…

My dog is a male, 11 years old. 3 quarters jack Russel, one quarter foxy. Whenever I or another family member is sitting cross legged on a seat, he always comes up and rubs his neck/lower chin on our foot to the point where he might lift his front legs…...
    General Dog Discussions : why does my dog like to put his neck on my foot?...

• why does my dog like to put his neck on my foot?

why does my dog like to put his neck on my foot? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is a male, 11 years old. 3 quarters jack Russel, one quarter foxy. Whenever I or another family member is sitting cross legged on a seat, he always comes up and rubs his neck/lower chin on our foot to the point where he might lift his front legs off the ground and put his weight on his neck and our foot. We always give him a comforting scratch and pat, even on his neck area, so I don't think it's an itch relief. Is it just a weird individual personality thing or do dogs like him do this normally?Also I thought I should add, he gets alot of attention and strange enough - he doesn't care for a treat (even raw bacon!!!). He's really picky with his food.

why does my dog like to put his neck on my foot? General Dog Discussions