Should I tire out my dog before training so she can focus or will that make her lose interest?

Is it a good idea to go for a run or play fetch with a dog before training? Will this help her focus instead of running around or will she not be interested because she's tired? Im training my boyfriends' family dog, she is 4/5 years old. A…

Should I tire out my dog before training so she can focus or will that make her lose interest?

Is it a good idea to go for a run or play fetch with a dog before training? Will this help her focus instead of running around or will she not be interested because she's tired? Im training my boyfriends' family dog, she is 4/5 years old. A…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Should I tire out my dog before training so she can focus or will that make her lose interest?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should I tire out my dog before training so she can focus or will that make her lose interest?

Should I tire out my dog before training so she can focus or will that make her lose interest? Dogs Training Discussions
      Is it a good idea to go for a run or play fetch with a dog before training? Will this help her focus instead of running around or will she not be interested because she's tired? Im training my boyfriends' family dog, she is 4/5 years old. A staffordshire/shepherd/basenji cross. Has lots of energy, definitely food is her reinforcer though.

Should I tire out my dog before training so she can focus or will that make her lose interest? Dogs Training Discussions
    • It depends entirely on the dog - I have trained dogs that needed to be tired to focus, and dogs that needed to be bored and wired before they would focus.Try both and see which routine gets the best results.

• With ours, we take her on a brief walk. We don't want her hyper or sleepy, so for our lab mix a walk is a nice way to put her in a relaxed state without wiping her out.