How to become a certified dog trainer?

How does someone become a certified dog trainer? I've trained my dog and several others, but I would like to have some sort of certification in it. I work with a rescue group and would like to offer volunteer services of dog training to people who…

How does someone become a certified dog trainer? I've trained my dog and several others, but I would like to have some sort of certification in it. I work with a rescue group and would like to offer volunteer services of dog training to people who…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to become a certified dog trainer?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to become a certified dog trainer?

How to become a certified dog trainer? Dogs Training Discussions
      How does someone become a certified dog trainer? I've trained my dog and several others, but I would like to have some sort of certification in it. I work with a rescue group and would like to offer volunteer services of dog training to people who adopt from this group, but I want to be as good as I possibly can at it and I want it to be completly legit.Are there classes here or there to become trained, or do I go to school for it?Thanks in advance!

How to become a certified dog trainer? Dogs Training Discussions
    • To be a dog trainer, you need no certification, just experience and a few good references....but it is always better looking for you if you have some sort of certification. also, you should have a well trained dog. Try googling the Association of Pet Dog Trainers ther will be information about what you are looking for.

• There is no such thing as a "certified" dog trainer. Schools are a waste of money. You want to learn to train, then you need to earn competition titles on your dog.If you own a purebred dog, you can earn obedience, agility & rally titles thru AKCIf you own a mixbreed dog, you can earn obedience, agility & rally titles, thru UKC, ASCA & APDT.