Would Amoxicillin be prescribed for a dog that has worms?

I had called the vet to tell them my dog has worms, and that my sister would stop by and get the meds. They gave him amoxicillin to take for seven days. He has had worms before and i don't remember giving him meds for seven days. I'm thinking they have…

I had called the vet to tell them my dog has worms, and that my sister would stop by and get the meds. They gave him amoxicillin to take for seven days. He has had worms before and i don't remember giving him meds for seven days. I'm thinking they have…...
    General Dog Discussions : Would Amoxicillin be prescribed for a dog that has worms?...

• Would Amoxicillin be prescribed for a dog that has worms?

Would Amoxicillin be prescribed for a dog that has worms? General Dog Discussions
      I had called the vet to tell them my dog has worms, and that my sister would stop by and get the meds. They gave him amoxicillin to take for seven days. He has had worms before and i don't remember giving him meds for seven days. I'm thinking they have made a mistake, i can't call until the morning when they open. Is this correct? Thanks for any help.

Would Amoxicillin be prescribed for a dog that has worms? General Dog Discussions
    • What makes you think the dog has worms? Did you see worms? Amoxicillin doesn't treat any intestinal parasites that I know of. It's usually used for bacterial infections. Call your vet in the AM and clarify why you have the Amoxi and what is going on for the worms.