How do I stop my cat from running outside or pooping inside?

When I open the door no matter what happens my female cat runs out. After a half an hour or so she comes back meowing to come in. Is there any tips and/or tricks to stop her from running?Also my dog wont stop pooping in the house, we walk her, and she…

When I open the door no matter what happens my female cat runs out. After a half an hour or so she comes back meowing to come in. Is there any tips and/or tricks to stop her from running?Also my dog wont stop pooping in the house, we walk her, and she…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I stop my cat from running outside or pooping inside?...

• How do I stop my cat from running outside or pooping inside?

How do I stop my cat from running outside or pooping inside? Other Pet Discussions
      When I open the door no matter what happens my female cat runs out. After a half an hour or so she comes back meowing to come in. Is there any tips and/or tricks to stop her from running?Also my dog wont stop pooping in the house, we walk her, and she knows its bad. She only does it in one spot. Any trick to stop it?

How do I stop my cat from running outside or pooping inside? Other Pet Discussions
    • For the problem with your cat, there's probably nothing you can do because she's being a cat. I've had cats all my life and I can tell you that they all do that.For your dog, since he does his business on one spot, cleaning the spot with white vinegar might help. Your dog might think of that one spot as his territory, so if it smells different he'll shy away from it in the future.

• Regarding your cat; get a spray bottle, fill it with the coldest water possible, adjust it so it shoots a stream, and let loose on the cat whenever you see her even walking towards the door. Eventually, she will get the hint.Regarding your dog; a lot of people make the mistake of correcting a dog's behavior while it is already in the middle of doing it. You need to pay close attention to him and figure out the indicators that tell you he is about to poop. Pacing around, nose close to the floor, shitfy eyes, whatever, lol. Telling him "no" when you see this behavior will eventually stop the thought process in its tracks.

• I had a female cat that did this too. And we would place her in "time-out" everytime she did this. It didn't seem to help much with her tho. She still continued to do this and then one day she just never came home.I still suggest trying the time out option. It works well with my other cats.