What guinea pig gender is more common when pigs give birth?

Hi everyone. So my guinea pig is on her eighth week and she's not that big. She might have one or two. I was wondering what are the chances of her having a girl. Thanks!

Hi everyone. So my guinea pig is on her eighth week and she's not that big. She might have one or two. I was wondering what are the chances of her having a girl. Thanks!...
    Other Pet Discussions : What guinea pig gender is more common when pigs give birth?...

• What guinea pig gender is more common when pigs give birth?

What guinea pig gender is more common when pigs give birth? Other Pet Discussions
      Hi everyone. So my guinea pig is on her eighth week and she's not that big. She might have one or two. I was wondering what are the chances of her having a girl. Thanks!

What guinea pig gender is more common when pigs give birth? Other Pet Discussions
    • Over a large number of pups, the odds are 50/50 for a sow. However, in small litters, you could easily have all of one sex or the other. The odds of having a litter of 2 , both boars (or sows) is 1 in 4. The odds of a litter of 3 of all the same sex is 1 in 8 and even a litter of 4 all the same sex is only 1 in 16. Many years ago, we kept track and found that over a year or so we had just about an even number of boars and sows. However, it wouldn't be at all unusual to have a period of a few months where we had 80% boars or visa verse