How can i teach my dog to growl on command?

18 month old bitch, knows to bark on command but cant find a way to make her growl; any ideas?

18 month old bitch, knows to bark on command but cant find a way to make her growl; any ideas?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can i teach my dog to growl on command?...

• How can i teach my dog to growl on command?

How can i teach my dog to growl on command? Other Pet Discussions
      18 month old bitch, knows to bark on command but cant find a way to make her growl; any ideas?

How can i teach my dog to growl on command? Other Pet Discussions
    • I did this with my dog. But it was when he was under 2 years. Pick a word and when you play with the dog, like a tug game when he growls repeat the word. When you say the word in a soft voice growl before and after the word. However be warned, do not pick a word that comes up in daily or seasonal language. This will create a dangerous situation for the dog to show agression and the risk of harm. Usually a foriegn word or a created (I'd avoid Spanish or French or any foriegn language if these are common languages spoken around where you and the dog go)fictional word. Always give the dog praise once it starts to respond with growls. Avoid giving praise by rewarding it with food or treat. Give praise with voice and affection.

• Tease your dog a little with her favorite toy don't release it untill she growls...all the while you say to her growl, or any word you like to use as the growl- comand.The instant she growls,say good girl..and release the toy.

• This site might have some resources to help you: http://dog-training.fanaticshome.com/I'd focus on positive reinforcement. Is there anything that you can do that makes her growl (i.e. playing tug of war) and you can reward her each time she growls?