How do I get my cat to stop eating the toilet paper without having to close the bathroom door?

I don't want to have to close the door in the bathroom and I don't want to hide the paper either any suggestions?

How do I get my cat to stop eating the toilet paper without having to close the bathroom door?

I don't want to have to close the door in the bathroom and I don't want to hide the paper either any suggestions?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my cat to stop eating the toilet paper without having to close the bathroom door?...

• How do I get my cat to stop eating the toilet paper without having to close the bathroom door?

How do I get my cat to stop eating the toilet paper without having to close the bathroom door? Other Pet Discussions
      I don't want to have to close the door in the bathroom and I don't want to hide the paper either any suggestions?

How do I get my cat to stop eating the toilet paper without having to close the bathroom door? Other Pet Discussions
    • Sprinkle some red pepper on it or spray the beginning with a cayenne pepper/water mixture. After it nibbles a couple of times it will learn fast and remember. Just remember to tear a little off before you wipe so you dont burn your ass.

• You can use a type of spray repellent spray it on something near the toilet paper. Every time your cat will go near your tissue she'll run out until eventually she will learn not to go for the tissue as a snack. It won't harm, hurt or burn her she'll just hate the smell. You can even get one that humans can't smell.

• There are a couple of options. One is to spray the last piece of toilet paper with a liquid pepper spray. The downside is you have to remember not to tear that piece off each time and not use it as well as spray the last piece each time. Another option is there are electronic gadgets that sense when an animal crosses a barrier and makes a noise to scare them away. If you are around when he does this a lot you can you the old water spray bottle trick. After several times of getting caught with the toilet paper and getting sprayed they won't go back for awhile. There are also flip top devices for your toilet paper that would keep it where you need it but not allow the cat easy access to it. Hopefully one of those ideas will work out for you.

• using water to clean up instead of toilet paper is one way...then again... if something can be done to (train?) associate or register in the cats mind that the event is bad/ bring some punishment...Maybe everytime it does that what you find it shouldn't...you could reprimand, yell at ! or punish it somehow..Over time human babies & pets (with reasonable minds) are known to respond...

• Oh, the cute habbits are furry friends have. You may want to consider raising the holder up out of his reach (just not too high). You would just have to reach higher but it may break his babbit. Easy to do and if any one comments tell them its the newest fashion trend.

• Try balancing a paper cup of coins on the toilet paper that will fall and scare her. A few times of this and she might get the hint. Also you can distract her by placing a toy near that area of the bathroom. Maybe that will be more fun for her. Maybe a string hanging with a few knots on the end. One that is elastic is good too - it will catch her attention.