How much does it cost to have a puppy microchipped, spayed and immunized during the first year?

I would love to get a puppy, but caring for a fur-baby is very expensive. Does anyone know the cost of professional dog training? What other hidden costs should I consider before I adopt an animal? Also, I would love to use the dog with elderly people as…

How much does it cost to have a puppy microchipped, spayed and immunized during the first year?

I would love to get a puppy, but caring for a fur-baby is very expensive. Does anyone know the cost of professional dog training? What other hidden costs should I consider before I adopt an animal? Also, I would love to use the dog with elderly people as…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How much does it cost to have a puppy microchipped, spayed and immunized during the first year?...

• How much does it cost to have a puppy microchipped, spayed and immunized during the first year?

How much does it cost to have a puppy microchipped, spayed and immunized during the first year? Other Pet Discussions
      I would love to get a puppy, but caring for a fur-baby is very expensive. Does anyone know the cost of professional dog training? What other hidden costs should I consider before I adopt an animal? Also, I would love to use the dog with elderly people as a therapy animal. Has anyone worked with the delta socity or taken the AKC good citizen test?-- Thank you for your consideration

How much does it cost to have a puppy microchipped, spayed and immunized during the first year? Other Pet Discussions
    • All depends on your area. Call around to several vets and ask. Look in the yellow pages for dog obedience. Feed, Vet bills, training, toys etc. That's why we don't have a dog. JUST a cat, a hamster & some fish! Too costly right now to own a dog.

• all that should run you100-130$ a small price for a loving addition to your family!! i think micro-chipping is a great idea although my dogs dont have it you can get him regitered and chipped for 80$ you can save some cash by giving him 7 way shots you can buy at a pet store or tractor supply for a few bucks and save that 60 dollar vet bill! it covers all but the rabies that is only needed 2 times in the first year and may already have 1 when you get him

• This is an impossible task to guess the costs. Call around. I will say, my local Humane Society microchips animals for $15--anything that helps animals find their home is important to them, so the cost is low. They also run clinics on site, at least here. They don't only care for shelter animals, and fees are very reasonable.

• Hi! Owning a dog is VERY expensive- more so than most people know. It is tough to give a good estimate on spay, vaccines, and microchipping without a general idea of your location as it varies so much from place to place. Here I am unsure of microchipping price, however vaccines, exams, and spaying alone is probably about 350-400 dollars... that includes worming which is optional here but highly recommended as many puppies have worms. One of my dogs has taken the CGC and passed- it was tough to train for but dedication and hard work make it come true... and keep in mind that not all dogs make for good therapy animals either- some are naturally afraid of the scents and noises etc. As for hidden costs- you have to account for regular vet visits- have some back up funds for any emergencies (hopefully there are none), and you should also consider there is food to buy, if you live in an area where fleas can prevail- flea medication... and heartworm prevention are all considerations. This hopefully won't deter you from getting one- just make sure you are aware of the commitment (financially and otherwise)... and do your research on the dog breeds... good luck!

• YES!! I do pet therapy with dogs from my shelter and the people LOVE IT! I would highly highly suggest GO TO AN ANIMAL SHELTER! You pay a low adoption fee, and included in the fee is spay/neuter, microchipping, leash collar, etc. (well, at least that's how it is at my shelter.) There are so many awesompe pups and adult dogs that you can't get at a breeder. NEVVERR go to a pet store, you get NOTHING for you money. Not even a high quality dog like you think you're paying for. (Also dogs from pet stores come from puppy mills but that's not what you are asking) Anyway, the only thing people sometimes forget when adopting a dog is that it does get expensive with vet bills. However, by going to a shelter or rescue you're dog's shots will be up to date, they will be spayed/neutered (and if they are young enough, most REQUIRE you to do it or have you put down a deposit), and you'd be saving a hefty amount of money. Also, food. You can usually find very high quality food thru breeders, perhaps on the internet. I never suggest getting food from your local grocery store because a lot of that food isn't even good for the dog. There are actually recipes for you to cook up for your dog that involve greens and meat, which are fun to make and 1000000% better for your dog that kibbles and bits. Ha ha.. im going on and on. All I can say is that You can adopt a very good puppy from your local animal shelter, and obedience training ranges. It's actually easy to do it yourself, if you have patience, and there's good books out there that explain everything! Oh my gosh.. if you really want you can email me, i have so much to say haha.

• If you adopt through your county animal control or the humane society, your pet will be chipped, neutered and have all it's shots already, all for the price of the adoption fee. It's a great deal and you are saving that animal from death row!

• all my dogs carry the CGN (Canadian version of CGC) needles will run you around 160.00 spay depends on the size but a GSD is close to 300.00 microchip 60.00 dog training 80.00 for 6 classes.

• Yes it can be the exact cost will vary but in my area it looks a bit like this Shots 3 sets 80 x 3 (they now suggest the rabbies and last DHLPP be given in seprate visits)microchip $20 (same visit as rabies)Puppy Class $99 for 6 weeksBasic Obdience $99 for 6 weeksPet Health insurance $30 a month (Petsbest is great they cover 80% of the vet bills for accident or illness)Spay $200 (may be diffrent for you my baby is extra sensitive to anestisia)Flea, tick and heartworm meds $200 a year

• These costs are all very different for what kind of dog you get. You see some dogs cost more to train, smaller the cheaper, less problems the cheaper. As for me, there is no price to big to have a well socialized and healthy puppy. Try looking into your local area humane society for "low" cost spay/neuter clinics (they usually do immunizations) and puppy microchipping events (usally at your local aspca). Sometimes going to a teaching animal clinic (such as the one we have here at OhioStateUiversity) are more likely to offer lower priced services but the quality will suffer none. Our dog just recently went for his first check-up and was given an amazing exam by a fourth year vet student, a resident vet and the head(faculty) vet. Count that! Three people for the low costing price of one. I know people say do your homework on dogs and breeders, but little people remember to tell you... do your homework on your VET! Never go to a vet recommended by a Petland (or other such puppy store where they get their pups from puppy mills) they are low quality and sometimes not even with the American Veternarian Society!Good Luck and feel free to email me if you need more guidence or knowledge!(costs for here in Ohio, USA)[microchip] $20 - $30 with registration at the local humane society[spay]$70.00 at the local humane society$95 at the local vet teaching hospital (OSU)[puppy kindergarten/training] $85 at OSU with veternarian/ behavioralist[immunizations] varry depending on how many you have done so far usually $12-$15 at OSU (per set)