How would I build a crate for my dog and future puppies?

My boyfriend and I want to make our dog's pregnancy as comfortable as possible. We want to build her a very large crate to be in with her puppies after their birth. She is a red nosed pit bull and is fairly large. We are also considering simply building…

My boyfriend and I want to make our dog's pregnancy as comfortable as possible. We want to build her a very large crate to be in with her puppies after their birth. She is a red nosed pit bull and is fairly large. We are also considering simply building…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How would I build a crate for my dog and future puppies?...

• How would I build a crate for my dog and future puppies?

How would I build a crate for my dog and future puppies? Other Pet Discussions
      My boyfriend and I want to make our dog's pregnancy as comfortable as possible. We want to build her a very large crate to be in with her puppies after their birth. She is a red nosed pit bull and is fairly large. We are also considering simply building a barricade and giving her a small section of our room. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How would I build a crate for my dog and future puppies? Other Pet Discussions
    • Crating a dog with her pups is a bad idea. There is rarely enough room for her to move without stepping on the puppies.Far better to block off a room and place a whelping box in it. A children's swimming pool works well.

• Take her and have an emergency abort/spay. PB's are one of the most common dogs euthanized in shelters each year, so don't add to the over population. Doubtful that she's had any health or genetic testing done. Please do the right thing and end the pregnancy. Get off your computer and call your vet now!

• What would make you people think it is ok to ever tell someone to give their dog an abortion. This person did not cause pit bulls to be in shelters. Irresponsible people did. You have no idea what this person intends on doing with those puppies. This is a place to give advice on the question that was asked not be judgmental and rude. And on that note, I would suggest going with the blocking off an area because you don't want the mother laying on the puppies as the person above said.

• Suggestions? Please, please, please take your dog to the vet NOW for an emergency spay and termination!!!!!! Have you ever thought about how many pits and pit mixes are euthanized in shelters every freaking day??!? Why would you want to contribute to that problem? Do some research about backyard breeding... Hopefully you'll realize how truly damaging and cruel it is to do what you're doing.ADD: @ Devinsky: Backyard breeders like this ARE the irresponsible people who are stuffing shelters full of puppies!!!! And: "Abortion"!?!? Come on! It's a spay and termination surgery, and it's the ONLY responsible choice to make if you're any kind of animal-person.