What are some fun things to do with my guinea pig?

I have a male guinea pig named twix, and I was wondering if anyone knows some fun things to do with him:) and I wouldnt just want to watch him play with something, so keep that in mind.

I have a male guinea pig named twix, and I was wondering if anyone knows some fun things to do with him:) and I wouldnt just want to watch him play with something, so keep that in mind....
    Off Topic : What are some fun things to do with my guinea pig?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some fun things to do with my guinea pig?

What are some fun things to do with my guinea pig? Off Topic
      I have a male guinea pig named twix, and I was wondering if anyone knows some fun things to do with him:) and I wouldnt just want to watch him play with something, so keep that in mind.

What are some fun things to do with my guinea pig? Off Topic
    • what i did was i set up a little fence around his cage so he could go out and run around. let him explore the house, or take him out to pet him. but remember if you let him out uncaged, keep a constant eye wherever he goes. i know rodents love to explore so you can do that with them. they're really cute when they play.

• Guinea pigs aren't like dogs. They don't play fetch or anything. Outside of holding them and petting them, there isn't much you can do with them besides watching them run around. You can teach them simple tricks though, if you're gentle. Google "training guinea pigs".

• Hi I have guinea pigs some of these things are great to do with them!!1.Get a female Guinea Pig and make them have babies!!That would be sooo cute2.Do guinea pig races3.Go to the pet store, they have lots of toys!!4. Do like a play date with another Guine pig5.Cuddle him and feed him while you are at it.6. Put an old jumper on and let him crawl in it (run around in it)7.Get one of those Guinea Pig leashes at the pet store and go for a walk with it on him.(TIP:make sure it isn't too tight but not too loose cos mine nearly got away cos i put it on too loose)8.Make a cardboard litle house for them and do a treasure hunt like hide little peices of veggies and let them find it!!FUNHope you liked them!!MIa

• Ignore the first of Tamy's answers.... the pig could easily die, and you don't want an army, trust me. Get it another friend, they need companions. It's a total myth that two males will fight, so they can easily and safely housed together, as long as their home is large enough. But yes, a companion would be the best idea. If you've ever seen them steal food from each other, or do a piggy train, you'll know what I mean by: They're not boring.Give it a little cat ball with a bell. Roll it to him, and he might catch on and roll it back. Let him explore, or teach him some simple tricks.

• The kiss and run game, i have taught all of mine to play it and i truly do not know who has the most fun them or me.First every time you pick them up kiss them on the mouth and give them a little cuddle.Take a towel and fold it in half making a square. Set Twix on it and wrap him up as though he were a baby. Hold him over your heart as both the sound and feel of your heart are comforting to him. I have found at this point is is best to lie down and open the towel so twix can make eye contact with you. Pet the towel thus you are petting him through the towel. He should be comfortable here for about 20 minutes at which point he will start to wiggle about. He is telling you that he has to potty so put him back into the cage for a few minutes then start over again. In about 2 weeks he will be leaving the towel to sneak up and give you a kiss and to investigate what is around you and this is when the fun begins. Put a blanket over both of you and pull up your knees to make a tent under them. Twix will sneak up and give you a kiss and run under the blanket, do a few figure eights under your knees and back up for another kiss only to run of for more figure eights! you will be giggling so hard i promise you. Twix will do this until he needs a nap which he will want to take with you and that is not a problem as potty training them to go on a diaper changing pad or any water proof cloth that is about 20" by 20". Just place it at the foot of the couch or bed and and rub some urine soaked bedding on it. Set Twix on it for a few minutes and pet him and that is that, he will just know that he is to potty on the pad. I have had a couple that had a bit of a problem getting to the pad with their poos but if you simply pick them up and place them on a urine spot they get it quickly.I believe this works so easily because you are mimicking all their natural instincts form borrowing to providing a potty spot just like they divide their cage.Blessings and enjoy your guinea pig

• My girlfriends' pig ikes to play what we call "Drop 'em". She will take a bit of food or paper out of our hand, hold it in her mouth, look at us and drop it. We then pick it back up and do it again. She seems to enjoy it and, in retrospect, it IS like fetch....except in this case WE'RE the dogs and she's the master.....