Do the deterrents that keep dogs from peeing in the same place work?

She keep s going back to the same corner area of the family room. I have it covered with black plastic but she still goes there. I guess she can smell through plastic. Some one said that pet storess sell a deterrant to keep them from going there again.…

She keep s going back to the same corner area of the family room. I have it covered with black plastic but she still goes there. I guess she can smell through plastic. Some one said that pet storess sell a deterrant to keep them from going there again.…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Do the deterrents that keep dogs from peeing in the same place work?...

• Do the deterrents that keep dogs from peeing in the same place work?

Do the deterrents that keep dogs from peeing in the same place work? Other Pet Discussions
      She keep s going back to the same corner area of the family room. I have it covered with black plastic but she still goes there. I guess she can smell through plastic. Some one said that pet storess sell a deterrant to keep them from going there again. Do they do some place else then? Thanks a lot!

Do the deterrents that keep dogs from peeing in the same place work? Other Pet Discussions
    • The best thing I have found is white vinegar full strength. This may not keep your dog from going back to the same spot but I assure you it will take the urine smell away and will not hurt your carpet. The vinegar smell will go away as well. Trust me...this works...

• Pet stores do carry many different types of products to deter an animal from eliminating in a particular area. Whether they work or not depends on why your dog is peeing in your house in the first place. Has she been housebroken? Is she nervous? Is she afraid of something outdoors? Once you identify her problem, it should help you figure out what to do with her peeing problem.