What would happen if a dog like a trispringer consumed apple seeds?

One of my dogs died and the cause is unknown, but i just want to be sure. It's really tearing me apart.

One of my dogs died and the cause is unknown, but i just want to be sure. It's really tearing me apart....
    Other Pet Discussions : What would happen if a dog like a trispringer consumed apple seeds?...

• What would happen if a dog like a trispringer consumed apple seeds?

What would happen if a dog like a trispringer consumed apple seeds? Other Pet Discussions
      One of my dogs died and the cause is unknown, but i just want to be sure. It's really tearing me apart.

What would happen if a dog like a trispringer consumed apple seeds? Other Pet Discussions
    • Yes, the cores of apples can be deadly to dogs but only in large amounts. If she only ate a small amount, that would definitely not have been the cause of death.

• It would take quite a bunch of apple seeds to kill your springer. At least a cup or more of the seeds. You might want to ask your vet to do a necropsy (autopsy). I'm sorry for your loss.

• I think a dog would have to eat a lot of apple seeds for it to be fatal. Cyanide poisoning (from the apple seeds) has symptoms like vomiting and drooling that you would have seen before your dog died.I also used to work at an orchard where the resident dog ate a lot of fruit, peaches, apples, etc. It was a large lab but never had any bad effects.Sorry about your dog. If it's not to late you could ask your vet to do a necropsy to determine cause of death.

• Oh, I'm so sorry :( Your dog would have had to ingested a large amount for it to become fatal. I can almost guarantee that is not the cause. May he or she Rest In Peace...