Any fun ideas to do with my horse tomorrow?

Hi i have not been able to ride my horse for a few days because he had some guttoral pouch infection surgery on thursday. I cant ride him or trot ect. I am spending an entire day with him tomorrow. I am already going to wash him down, and walk him to…

Hi i have not been able to ride my horse for a few days because he had some guttoral pouch infection surgery on thursday. I cant ride him or trot ect. I am spending an entire day with him tomorrow. I am already going to wash him down, and walk him to…...
    Off Topic : Any fun ideas to do with my horse tomorrow?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any fun ideas to do with my horse tomorrow?

Any fun ideas to do with my horse tomorrow? Off Topic
      Hi i have not been able to ride my horse for a few days because he had some guttoral pouch infection surgery on thursday. I cant ride him or trot ect. I am spending an entire day with him tomorrow. I am already going to wash him down, and walk him to graze in the pastures. Any fun ideas of things i can teach him or something easy i can try on him. Thanks!!He is my best friend, and I want to be really easy on him!

Any fun ideas to do with my horse tomorrow? Off Topic
    • well you could play with him and stroke him and just give him a good job day. Reward him for all the things he does for you. you could give him treats and just play with him. good luck and give him a petting for me. ^^

• You could try T-touch!It's a part of natural horsemanship, and it is used to calm and relax horses. I bet he'd really enjoy you talking to him softly and doing this calming method on him, especially since he just got his surgery. It also creates a stronger bond and trust.Here is some info on it:http://www.ttouch.com/howtodoTTouch.shtml(^^You don't have to do all of that....I know it explains it in great detail. Basically you take your index and middle finger and move them in very small circles throughout your horses body, starting at the neck and working your way down. You can also do it around his face and muzzle).It was created by Linda Tellington Jones. It's really simple, too.Well have fun with your horse tomorrow :)

• Try leading from the withers or neck. Get him to follow yourcomplete lead, stopping and walking and turning with nothing more than your hand on him, giving clear body language.Your halter and lead is a backup of course. But just keep it draped. This is incredible and will help you in the saddle later.Get up really close and create horse/owner images in your mind and hold them. No words. Think like a horse. Think in images only. Use horse language only. Try it with him to do any little movement. For example, picture you and the horse backing up. Don't cue. Just keep holding that picture in your mind. Move back and see if he follows. You may have to hold the image for 30 or 60 seconds. This is incredibly helpful for you as a rider. You learn to visualize what you are doing and communicate that to the horse with your body and mind. It is also very powerful for you as a person to control your mind.

• You could do his mane and tail, you could also teach him cool tricks, like bowing! I did that in a day. Try lungeing him for some good exercise, and maybe let him play w/ a ball or some cool horse toy! Have fun !!!!!

• well, everyone has suggested good things like braiding your horse's mane, giving him lots of treats, t-touch, ect. i have one thing to add- you could teach him tricks! such as how to bow. my horse knows how to bow and it's really cool!here is a site for teaching him how to bow:http://www.ehow.com/how_2058719_teach-horse-bow.html?ref=fuelhere is how to teach him how to shake hands:http://www.ehow.com/how_2087607_teach-horse-shake-hands.html?ref=fuelhere is how to teach him how to "kiss":http://www.wikihow.com/Teach-a-Horse-to-Kisshope it helps! good luck!

• When i'm bored i try to teach my horse to bow or doing some cool trick. Hes very food motivated and its not hard work. Also work on him stretching for treats since hes probably sore from not doing much work. He'll also start getting kinda stiff. You can make him stretch right with his head low and high working 2 different muscles in back, and then to the left. You can also do far under his chest and and far away from his chest. you can pick up his fron legs and make him poin them like a ballerina to stretch the muscles in them. It always creates a little challenge and laughs for everone. You can also just sit around and play games in his stall by hiding treats and braiding his main. Hope you have loads of fun at the barn and hope this helped! Best of luck 2 u and ur horse!

• Just spend time with him. Have a sit down while he grazes and just relax! Like others have said, try braiding his mane and tail (good practice).You could also take loads of photos...I love having lots of photos of my horses.