How can I remove the smell of dog pee from my carpet?

Help! I just steam cleaned my carpet and went over it like 6 times with a rug doctor and TKO (a powerful organic cleaner made from oranges). I can smell the TKO but underneath the pleasant orange smell I can still smell pee! YUK! My puppy is totally…

Help! I just steam cleaned my carpet and went over it like 6 times with a rug doctor and TKO (a powerful organic cleaner made from oranges). I can smell the TKO but underneath the pleasant orange smell I can still smell pee! YUK! My puppy is totally…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I remove the smell of dog pee from my carpet?...

• How can I remove the smell of dog pee from my carpet?

How can I remove the smell of dog pee from my carpet? Other Pet Discussions
      Help! I just steam cleaned my carpet and went over it like 6 times with a rug doctor and TKO (a powerful organic cleaner made from oranges). I can smell the TKO but underneath the pleasant orange smell I can still smell pee! YUK! My puppy is totally potty trained now and I am tired of the reaky carpet odors. If you've got any intelligent advice, please reply.

How can I remove the smell of dog pee from my carpet? Other Pet Discussions
    • I can't tell you the name of the product but I saw this stuff at Target that is specifically made to get rid of pet pee smell. You should be able to go in there and ask someone. Look in the aisle with the oven/kitchen/toilet cleaners.

• Good luck. Our cat decided to turn our matress into a litter box when we moved in to our new house. We used some stuff we got at a pet store that claimed to remove urine odors. It got it faint enough that we were able to cover it and not smell it. Nature's Miracle is supposed to work really well. But beware that it can sometimes take weeks before it really completely takes hold.Regular cleaners and deodorizers don't break down the urine. Sprays made specifically for it get in and break down the urine itself so the smell (in theory) disappears.

• theres this carpet cleaner called Kids and Pets. It works perfectly! We use it all the time to get the smell out of our furniture and carpet. Trust me! Go get a bottle. It has a good smell to it too.

• I have been trying to get similar smells out of my carpet today. I have a young 8week kitten (just rescued from the middle of a street) that pooped and probably peed on my carpet but he is litter box trained now. I used a can of carpet shampoo by Woolite and that didn't get the smell out totally so I am going to use baking soda. That should do the trick. And always vacuum well after using that stuff.

• For carpet, pour a pet odor neutralizer such as Urine Gone on the spot - enough to saturate into the carpet pad. The important part is to get the cats to not recognize the place as a good place to pee. For walls or other hard items, dip a paper towel in water and then dip in dry baking soda, it makes a crumbly paste - use it to scrub the yellow stain off and it takes the smell off as well. For clothes, put in the washer and use the new Febreze Downy. I’ve noticed that sometimes the smell stays if you only use regular detergent.For wicker baskets or other items that are difficult to clean, you may have to throw it away or try spraying an odor neutralizer on it.