How do you get papers on a pure breed Shitzue puppy?

I have a pure breed Shitzue and I would like to know what or who I need to go to to get papers on her.

I have a pure breed Shitzue and I would like to know what or who I need to go to to get papers on her....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you get papers on a pure breed Shitzue puppy?...

• How do you get papers on a pure breed Shitzue puppy?

How do you get papers on a pure breed Shitzue puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a pure breed Shitzue and I would like to know what or who I need to go to to get papers on her.

How do you get papers on a pure breed Shitzue puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • Unless the breeder gave you the puppy registration application, you can't get them from the AKC. The parents have to be registered and the breeder must register the litter. Contact the breeder and see if any of those things have happened. Otherwise you are out of luck.

• Sorry, but You won't be able to get AKC or UKC papers unless the breeder gives you a signed application. There is no other way...(sigh)All other registries are worthless, unless you live in Canada, where Canadian Kennel Club rules.

• The breeder should have given you these when you bought the puppy. Only the breeder can register the pup. Unfortunately you will therefore never know if your dog is actually a purebreed as you cannot see the official true pedigree of your dog to verify its ancestory - breeders can tell you anything they want to if they do not have the paperwork to back it up. Just enjoy your pet as the lovely pet I'm sure she is, but make sure that the next dog you buy comes from a reputable breeder that registers their pups with an official recognised registery like the AKC.

• Where the parents registered?If so you should of gotten papers with her to fill out and send in.You can register her CKC which is continental kennel club by submitting three pictures to them.I have several ckc dogs that are pure breds.Continental Kennel Club is a very good club.You can call ckc at1-800-952-3376 and they will give you the info you need.