What materials can I use to make my own aquarium ornaments?

I just want something simple my dwarf frogs can hang out under and I don't want to pay for the expensive, yet cheaply made ones at the petstore. Would pvc pipe and a glue gun work? Or would it be toxic? Thanks!

I just want something simple my dwarf frogs can hang out under and I don't want to pay for the expensive, yet cheaply made ones at the petstore. Would pvc pipe and a glue gun work? Or would it be toxic? Thanks!...
    Other Pet Discussions : What materials can I use to make my own aquarium ornaments?...

• What materials can I use to make my own aquarium ornaments?

What materials can I use to make my own aquarium ornaments? Other Pet Discussions
      I just want something simple my dwarf frogs can hang out under and I don't want to pay for the expensive, yet cheaply made ones at the petstore. Would pvc pipe and a glue gun work? Or would it be toxic? Thanks!

What materials can I use to make my own aquarium ornaments? Other Pet Discussions
    • The Glue would be the only thing to really worry about, but as long as you are sure it's completely dried and cured it should be just fine. Make sure you rinse for a few minutes under running water anything you put in your tank. And you should have no troubles. I've made my own decor from clay and they worked out great.Good Luck

• do not use pvc pipe and glue gun. if this is the only thing you've thought of instead of pet store finds, get the pet store stuff. I think if you did use the pvc pipe though, you will definetely have to use plumbers glue.

• PVC pipe is safe in aquatic tank as long as it has been rinsed thouroughly. However if you do meen a hot glue gun, I advise against it. I would use silicon, and give it 2 day to dry. Then rinse it, after that I would let it sit in a bucket of water atleast over night before putting it in your tank. Good luck!

• Do not make your own aquarium ornaments.The particles you use can kill your fish within hours. Glue, wood, and anything else you might use are poisonous!!!!Also, never EVER should you take plants of water from an outdoor pond and put the plants or water in with your pond/aquarium!Pond plants can have disease that will kill you fish instantly!