What are the differ types of hernias a dog can have?

Also, how much would it cost to get a SMALL hernia fixed in a puppy? I was told the cost of the surgery runs only between $25 - $75.

Also, how much would it cost to get a SMALL hernia fixed in a puppy? I was told the cost of the surgery runs only between $25 - $75....
    Other Pet Discussions : What are the differ types of hernias a dog can have?...

• What are the differ types of hernias a dog can have?

What are the differ types of hernias a dog can have? Other Pet Discussions
      Also, how much would it cost to get a SMALL hernia fixed in a puppy? I was told the cost of the surgery runs only between $25 - $75.

What are the differ types of hernias a dog can have? Other Pet Discussions
    • Help me out! Dig!All I do is grunt and groanHurts me to walk anywhereWent to see my physician, Dr. JonesHe took my trousers off, told me to coughDoctor says there ain't nothin' to discussHe tells me any day I might have to wear a trussLiving with a herniaAll the time, such aggravationLiving with a herniaGonna be my ruinationLiving with a herniaGot to have an operationFeel so oldToo much bad painGood gawd, drives me insaneCan't run, barely crawlGot a bulge in my intestinal wallWalk real funny, bless my soulCan't play tennis and it's hard to bowlYou can't even do the splits now... Say it!Better call it quits nowNow I'm sick of all this dancin' anyhowLiving with a herniaHurts me bad in a tender locationLiving with a herniaHad enough humiliationLiving with a herniaGot to have an operationI live with a herniaCan't get up, can't bend overNow I live with a herniaWait a minute...You may not be familiar with the common typesOf hernias that you could getSo just settle down, let me clue you inThere's incompleteEpigastricBladderStrangulatedLumbar herniaRichter's herniaObstructedInguinal and DirectLiving with a hernia...Rupture!I said it's causin' me such irritationLiving with a herniaHave to have my medicationLiving with a herniaI feel bad!

• Umbilical Hernia is one.. I'm sure it depends on the size of the hernia and the puppy! Most aren't that dangerous... But the vet is your best bet!! Most have fat in them but they can also be trouble if organs get involved! (It's a hole)

• One answer is very funny and the other is true. Sometimes the umbilical cord doesn't heal completely, but it can heal up on it's own. Usually this type will heal up before spaying/neutering and won't be a problem at all. Or, your vet can take care of the problem at that time.