How can I get my ten year old cat to take better care of her fur?

She is overweight, but not terribly. Her fur that runs on her back is always greasy.Her fur has always been like this. We do bathe her and brush her regularly. She only goes outside, maybe, a day a week. Only during the summer.

She is overweight, but not terribly. Her fur that runs on her back is always greasy.Her fur has always been like this. We do bathe her and brush her regularly. She only goes outside, maybe, a day a week. Only during the summer....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I get my ten year old cat to take better care of her fur?...

• How can I get my ten year old cat to take better care of her fur?

How can I get my ten year old cat to take better care of her fur? Other Pet Discussions
      She is overweight, but not terribly. Her fur that runs on her back is always greasy.Her fur has always been like this. We do bathe her and brush her regularly. She only goes outside, maybe, a day a week. Only during the summer.

How can I get my ten year old cat to take better care of her fur? Other Pet Discussions
    • she is very old for a cat you will need to help her in taking care of herself....although cats hat baths there is dry shampoo that you might want to use to get her cleaned up. and or take her to a grooming place for pets

• my cats are only young and have the same greasy line. its caused form sitting under our car. is your cat an outside cat??? i am also curious as how to clean this...

• Older cats need attention....they tend to stop grooming themselves the older they get...I would just recommend brushing her fur for herself and make sure she's getting the proper nutrition so her coat gets the nutrients it needs to be healthy.=^.^=

• My cat has the same problem. Greasy from laying under car , plus matted fur so bad so i gave him a bath. It was difficult i used a good conditioner and brushed him a little bit at a time untill he is alot better then before. Then i cut off all the parts that were to matted to brush out. He looks like he went through the lawnmower but he obviousl feels better.

• Take her to the vet and see if she has an allergic reaction to something in the house or outside. I had a cat, when it went outside for a long time, it's fur started to fall out. So I took it to the vet and they told me everything about it.

• I have a stray I found near the city dump, and I just keep her shaved down.I originally tried waxing, but it left her with red bumps all over her skin.I recommend that you use a lot of warm water, or better yet, steam, and that you use an extra-moisturizing shave cream.To keep the cat calm I suggest a tube sock over her head the first few times, until she comes to find how much more comfortable she is without fur.