What is the best breed of dog for a person whol lives in an apartment?

The apartment is not too big, but has parks around. I dont like yorkshires.

The apartment is not too big, but has parks around. I dont like yorkshires....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best breed of dog for a person whol lives in an apartment?...

• What is the best breed of dog for a person whol lives in an apartment?

What is the best breed of dog for a person whol lives in an apartment? Other Pet Discussions
      The apartment is not too big, but has parks around. I dont like yorkshires.

What is the best breed of dog for a person whol lives in an apartment? Other Pet Discussions
    • Any small dog is fine to have in an apartment. Pick one that is not too active though. Personally, I have a cat; they don't need to be taken out for walks and are very independent. They can also be left on their own for a few days. Have a good day and thank you for your question.

• The terrier breeds are best for appartments as are the toy breeds. Dogs still need excersise no matter what type of dog you get. Take the dog of your choice on a good walk daily and 2 times a day if you can.

• There's no single right answer to this question. While housing is one factor in choosing a dog, it's not the only thing to consider. Your lifestyle and the amount of free time that you have to spend with your dog is more important.Generally, I'd avoid giant breeds like St. Bernards and Mastiffs, but you don't have to settle for a tiny dog.Greyhounds, despite their speedy image, are actually couch potatoes and can do quite well in apartments.Some people mentioned terriers, but that group has a lot of variety. Little foofy terriers should be fine, but Jack Russell terriers can be kind of crazy.The toy breeds like bichon frises and pomeranians should be fine, but it's tough to find reputable breeders and shelters don't often have them.I think that you should do some searching online and see what's available in your area. The links below should be a great place to start.