What kinds of animals can you inbreed that it actually matters?

I know it doesn't matter with chickens and it does matter with dogs and cats. I was wondering mainly about rabbitts and ducks. Please don't answer this if you have no experience with farm animals.

I know it doesn't matter with chickens and it does matter with dogs and cats. I was wondering mainly about rabbitts and ducks. Please don't answer this if you have no experience with farm animals....
    Other Pet Discussions : What kinds of animals can you inbreed that it actually matters?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kinds of animals can you inbreed that it actually matters?

What kinds of animals can you inbreed that it actually matters? Other Pet Discussions
      I know it doesn't matter with chickens and it does matter with dogs and cats. I was wondering mainly about rabbitts and ducks. Please don't answer this if you have no experience with farm animals.

What kinds of animals can you inbreed that it actually matters? Other Pet Discussions
    • It depends on what you are breeding for. If you are just breeding them to eat them...it really doesn't matter. If you are breeding them as pets...it really doesn't matter. If you are breeding them to show....thats where it comes into play. Linebreeding is ok farther down the line to keep your bloodline as pure as you can, but you dont want to breed a mother to her son or a daughter to her brother......they wont end up with three legs or two heads....but it is really unethical. I hope this has helped

• well actually it does matter with ALL live animals. people just dont care if a chicken is inbred because they usually end up eating them or using them just for their eggs inbreeding results in health problems and behavior issues. so i wouldnt suggest inbreeding anything. its all in the genes and the chromosomes, the inside stuff that cause health and behavior issues when they are bred to close together