How long does it take for a cats milk to dry up?

My cat had kittens 5 weeks ago and her babies are eating regular soft food. My neighbor took all 5 of them because we are moving across 2 states and couldnt take them, but now my cats breasts are HUGE with milk. How long will this take to go away? She…

My cat had kittens 5 weeks ago and her babies are eating regular soft food. My neighbor took all 5 of them because we are moving across 2 states and couldnt take them, but now my cats breasts are HUGE with milk. How long will this take to go away? She…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How long does it take for a cats milk to dry up?...

• How long does it take for a cats milk to dry up?

How long does it take for a cats milk to dry up? Other Pet Discussions
      My cat had kittens 5 weeks ago and her babies are eating regular soft food. My neighbor took all 5 of them because we are moving across 2 states and couldnt take them, but now my cats breasts are HUGE with milk. How long will this take to go away? She has been away from them for 24 hours. Thanks to answers.They are huge and rock hard... as big as golf balls.

How long does it take for a cats milk to dry up? Other Pet Discussions
    • Once she stopped nursing, her milk production will cease within 3 days. However, if the queen't teats are engorged after about a week, she should be seen by your veterinarian. Congestion of the mammary glands can result in mastitis, which is an extremely dangerous condition, if left untreated.