How can I get my kitten to listen to me?

I can't get my kitten to listen to me when I say no! It gets me so frustrated, and he's still very destructive as of right now, only 3 months old. I've tried a variety of scratch posts and toys, which he likes--but he likes ripping open plastic bags and…

How can I get my kitten to listen to me?

I can't get my kitten to listen to me when I say no! It gets me so frustrated, and he's still very destructive as of right now, only 3 months old. I've tried a variety of scratch posts and toys, which he likes--but he likes ripping open plastic bags and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I get my kitten to listen to me?...

• Spray bottle works wonders. To make it even more effective, put some lemon juice in the water. No more than a couple of tablespoons in the spray bottle filled to the top with tap water. When you spray them, they will try to lick the water off of their fur, and they really hate the lemon flavor (just don't aim for his eyes!)

• Sweety a cat or kitten has a mind of their own,there alot harder to train that a dog......Did you get your kitten at a younger age???? probably would of been easier to try and train your kitten at the age of 6wks.What you need to try,is when your trying to get him to listen to you,have some pieces of tuna in your hand and go from there.....Your kitten sounds like hes in and out of trouble all the time.....About ripping up plastic bags and tearing up your shoes....Staple some of the plastic bags to his scratch posts and see if this will help you out,specially about your shoes..... GOOD LUCK..... Clowmy

• Hahaha...hun, it's been sad that dogs have masters and cats have servents. Good luck getting your cat to listen! But to immediately stop him from being destructive, get a spray bottle or small water gun and squirt him a bit every time he does bad. It'll get to the point where he will hear the bottle and run off. Worked with Bubby (my cat)! Still never got him to listen to me...

• Have you tryed a trainer that might work or spank the kitten and say no that works with my cat when shes bad i spank her and she doesn't do it again.Or you could get some food that he likes and when he is bad don't give him any of Course and when he does good things like scratch his post give him the food he likes but this food only feed it to him when he's good when he is hungry feed him cat food. Well i hope i helped Glory

• Cats dont really listen to you. If you shout thier name when they are doing some thing wrong then they might stop as my cat does when I call her name. We are slaves to cats really they do thier own thing and we just listen to them. Sorry I have not been any help to you, hope you get your answer soon.