What is a good healthy homemade recipe for dog food?

I would like to make my dogs theri food, I grow a nice garden, and don't mind buying meat. Do you have a good recipe for their healthand digestive system?

I would like to make my dogs theri food, I grow a nice garden, and don't mind buying meat. Do you have a good recipe for their healthand digestive system?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is a good healthy homemade recipe for dog food?...

• What is a good healthy homemade recipe for dog food?

What is a good healthy homemade recipe for dog food? Other Pet Discussions
      I would like to make my dogs theri food, I grow a nice garden, and don't mind buying meat. Do you have a good recipe for their healthand digestive system?

What is a good healthy homemade recipe for dog food? Other Pet Discussions
    • check with your vet. if you are in canada i know a vet food company called medical can offer you homemade recipes which are balanced. medical makes veterinarian diets so there is alot of research that has gone into the diets. or at least check with your vet and they probably have a diet recipe which is balanced. either way make sure you're adding a vitamin premix. have fun :) it is a lot of work.

• Chicken,whole bone in, or lamb brown rice abd any veggies you like to add. Cook chicken of labm till meat is very soft and bonescand be crushed, make sure chicken bones are completly crashed that there is no chunks at all blend the veggie and feed the dog. A old vet made this for his hunting dogs.

• check out this site... There are a lot of home made treats and food recipes. the anti flea recipe has me intriqued. I haven't tried making anything yet, but I am sure in the long run it would be cheaper to make than buy as beef broth and chicken broth are easy to make, and I already have all the flour ingredients as I make my own bread and I grow my own garlic. check it out-------lots of great recipes for your canine.

• Home-made dog food recipes can lack some of the nutrients that are essential for a healthy dog. I'd suggest buying Nutro dog food - they don't use any "by products" and my dogs have done great on it for many years. It's all I recommend now.