How can i maintain my pit bulls weight after she has her puppies?

I want to make sure my dog stays a healthy weight. And i am just doing some research on the subject.

I want to make sure my dog stays a healthy weight. And i am just doing some research on the subject....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can i maintain my pit bulls weight after she has her puppies?...

• How can i maintain my pit bulls weight after she has her puppies?

How can i maintain my pit bulls weight after she has her puppies? Other Pet Discussions
      I want to make sure my dog stays a healthy weight. And i am just doing some research on the subject.

How can i maintain my pit bulls weight after she has her puppies? Other Pet Discussions
    • I'm assuming you did your research and during her pregnancy you increased her food (starting at week five) and also switched her over to puppy food. Each week you should have slightly increased her food intake. At week six you should have added a hard boiled egg or cottage cheese to her food once daily and then twice daily each week after.Assuming you did this, she should be eating about double her regular amount of food by the time she has her puppies (and it should be puppy food). Before, during, and after (about 24 hours) having her puppies she probably will not be hungry. You don't need to make her eat; this is normal. It is very hard to keep weight on a nursing dog. She will be skinny and this is also normal. In some dogs, they do not lose that much weight, and with others they look like a skeleton. All dogs react differently.Refer to this article to answer any other questions you may have.http://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/medical/whelping.html#timeline