What is the best product for prevention against ticks?

I have a second home in Wisconsin where my three dogs come into contact with ticks quite often. Which is the best product to use? How much will it cost?I have one 5 pound female pomeranian. A 35 pound female pembroke welsh corgi. And a dalmatian/pointer…

I have a second home in Wisconsin where my three dogs come into contact with ticks quite often. Which is the best product to use? How much will it cost?I have one 5 pound female pomeranian. A 35 pound female pembroke welsh corgi. And a dalmatian/pointer…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best product for prevention against ticks?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best product for prevention against ticks?

What is the best product for prevention against ticks? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a second home in Wisconsin where my three dogs come into contact with ticks quite often. Which is the best product to use? How much will it cost?I have one 5 pound female pomeranian. A 35 pound female pembroke welsh corgi. And a dalmatian/pointer mix that weighs about 120 pounds.

What is the best product for prevention against ticks? Other Pet Discussions
    • I always buy Frontline. For a dog that weighs between 25-50 pounds, the treatment runs at around $15 for one month, however you can buy multi packs online at a cheaper rate.

• ALot of times your vet can give you a six month supply of flea and tick repellent that kills the eggs too. it is under 20 $ normally, depending on the brand. Wal Mart normally has it for a few bucks . It is called Hartz Flea and Tick Repellent, I think....

• For humans: Off Outdoors with Deet. It is found in most spray on insect protectors. However, some do not have it. If the product says Deet on it ... it will contain deet. If not, it will say deet free.For dogs: Revolution or Frontline for animals should protect dogs against fleas and ticks. Ask your vet which is better. I'd also think about having your home sprayed once a month by a bug sprayer.

• Here is a great natural remedy.Buy an all leather collar.Soak the collar in a mixture of pure lemon juice and lavender oil and basil.Let it dry, and it will keep fleas and ticks off your dog for about a month.

• I use Frontline Plus. I live in a heavy tick area, and it keeps them off of my dogs.Cost depends on the size of the breed and individual vets. But it is worth it