Fun horseback Games to play during camp?

What are some fun games on horseback for kids to play during summer camp?I'm looking for things other than ride a buck, spoon and egg, bobbing for apples, etc. Any original or different ideas?

What are some fun games on horseback for kids to play during summer camp?I'm looking for things other than ride a buck, spoon and egg, bobbing for apples, etc. Any original or different ideas?...
    Off Topic : Fun horseback Games to play during camp?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fun horseback Games to play during camp?

Fun horseback Games to play during camp? Off Topic
      What are some fun games on horseback for kids to play during summer camp?I'm looking for things other than ride a buck, spoon and egg, bobbing for apples, etc. Any original or different ideas?

Fun horseback Games to play during camp? Off Topic
    • Around the world, no hands (with lead) red light/green light, obstacle courses depending the level of riders, dressage course, barrel course or maybe cleanest horse, stall, mane hooves. That's all I can think of for now. Have fun!

• I just asked a question similiar to yours and i recieved these answers, hope they help! You could play robber and policeman meaning someone hides and the person has to find them looking for clues that have been dropped or natural objects that have been moved or anything unusual.Or you can practise games like bending poles, flags, barrels all those games egg and spoon, ect. Also using the games you can race eachotha like start of with candy or something then trade them off to whoever wins games.try some games on horseback. such as get about 5 rings each and then sent up cones or poles and ride by them at a jog or lope and try to get a ring on the pole or cone.Try pole bending.Tag is fun on horseback.This is my idea, you could take a feed bin or garbage can and set it fairly far away from the kids, give each of them a flag or a bandana with a big knot in it so it will fall quickly. Put them in 2 equal lines or teams. Get them to trot or canter to the bin, drop their item into the bin, go around the bin and trot or canter back. Its fun and competitive but not dangerous.

• We use a 60m playing field. Set up a start and finish line. Sometimes riders all stand at start line, other games two at start line and two at finish line (used as change over line).The first piece of equipment is never placed closer than 6 m to start line.Bending poles 8m apart.Flag races, collect flag from first cone and place in second cone, return to start line for next person to compete. We sometimes carry flags back for next person.Windsor castle, (use a large cone as castle), first rider puts orb on top of castle, second rider places ball on orb, third rider steals ball of castle and places in a bucket 3/4 full of water, fourth rider collects ball without dismounting and places ontop of castle. (for the orb we use a cardboard cylinder).Ball and hockey stick. Place balls 3 m back from finish line, riders ride down and hit ball between two cones placed 3/4m apart. Rider returns to start line and passes stick to next player.Tack box game - collect a piece of tack from the first drum, place in tack box on second drum. Then last rider carries tack box back to start line.Sock and bucket. Ride to finish line collect a sock (4 socks within a bike tyre on the ground) ride back to half way line drop sock in bucket and return to start line for next rider.Cup of water, first rider carries cup down to bucket fills it up and then jumps over small jump and then empties water in another bucket 6m from start line and passes cup to next rider.One rider rides down to finish line and collects another rider together they ride back to centre line no. 1 rider dismounts climbs through bike tyre, while no. 2 rider holds his horse. Carry on till all team completed riding through tyre and each team member has held another persons horse.Stepping stones, ride down to stones dismount, step over stepping stones (6) then remount and continue.A fun game for little riders: set up bales of hay in 6 places, these are the train stations, the last rider tells the first rider what station they have to stop at, and the first rider tells them what to do when they get there, ie dismount, trot to next station, walk, round the world etc.Have fun at camp I hope these have helped. : )

• ha i got alot of those1. split into to teams and then on one end of the arena have 2 barrels and 4 peaople helping(not riders) then start with the first one in each group to go and they run/trot/walk whatever they want to do down to the other end and jump off with no hands get a gummy worm out of whipped cream with ther mouth and jump back on run down to anoter helper on the end they started from and come to a complete stop and show the gummy worm!! then the next person....ansd so on2.This is for the more experinced riders: put and english saddle on the horse and blindfold the rider while an instuctor or someone lunges them but the rider has to tell the horse what to do not the lunger!!!!(works on horsemanship and the english saddle is because you can fell the horse better

• All of the above answers are great. Wanted to add:1) Magazine game- divide into teams of two. One rider trots/canters (depending on the level of riders) down the long side of the arena, dismounts, has to flip thru a magazine and find a predesignated picture, rip it out, remount, ride back to the partner. Partners pass off the picture and the 2nd person rides down the arena, dismounts, hands off the picture to the instructor, remounts, and rides back. First team done wins.2) Water in a cup- sort of like egg & spoon. Fill up plastic cups (clear are best for comparison) with water and have riders walk, trot, canter around. Person with the most water left wins. If necessary and your riders are capable, have a jump-off- set a small crossrail/vertical and have the leftover riders jump one handed while holding their cups. This game is great for the summer- gets you nice and wet! But it's best done bareback so you don't ruin saddles.3) Pick Up & Drop Off- place 2 objects (plastic fruit, tissue boxes, whatever you have handy) either on the rail of the arena or jump standards/ladders on opposite sides of the arena. Riders have to ride by the objects, pick them up, ride past buckets (place them wherever you want) and drop the stuff in the buckets. Fastest, most accurate wins.4) Ground mounting/Emergency dismounts are both hilarious to watch and they're educational!