How do i make my dog a little more aggressive?

My dog is 9 months old and weighs 85 pounds. He's huge but he's scared of everything! He's scared of birds, chairs, ironing boards and all kinds of other stuff. He's never been mistreated or beaten in any way. Is there anything i can do to make him feel…

My dog is 9 months old and weighs 85 pounds. He's huge but he's scared of everything! He's scared of birds, chairs, ironing boards and all kinds of other stuff. He's never been mistreated or beaten in any way. Is there anything i can do to make him feel…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do i make my dog a little more aggressive?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do i make my dog a little more aggressive?

How do i make my dog a little more aggressive? Other Pet Discussions
      My dog is 9 months old and weighs 85 pounds. He's huge but he's scared of everything! He's scared of birds, chairs, ironing boards and all kinds of other stuff. He's never been mistreated or beaten in any way. Is there anything i can do to make him feel more comfortable and not so scared? I want him to stop being so scared. Is this some stage he's going through?

How do i make my dog a little more aggressive? Other Pet Discussions
    • Like some of our dogs here at home, when they are still young they tend to be scared at almost anything. But as time will pass, they will become "braver" of some sort.It also depends upon the environment the dog lives in, it might be more helpful if you will often show the dog the things that it is scared of so that he will be "immune" to them.Try walking the dog around the neighborhood and try to make him run and run.

• i have to agree with tater. are you making the dog scared? do you make quick movements? are you loud? where did you get him from? how old was he when you got him? these are all important questions to ask because a dogs development in the early weeks can predict the outcome of maturity. let me tell you this, you need to read some books by william campbell. he outlines development. there is a stage between 8 and 10 weeks that is called the FEAR IMPRINT stage of development. anything that will cause fear in the dog at this stage of life will be IMPRINTED in his mind. FOREVER sometimes. don't know where you got him or anything about the breeder. but i've seen way too many dogs that are ruined before the people ever get them because they get them from some breeder who doesn't give a crapabout socializing their dogs, muchless the puppies that come out of it. you need to be really calm and comforting. and you need to learn about dog behavior. you can do wonders by talking soothing words to a dog. try rubbing his ears. i wish i could show you my method. but i can calm a dog down instanly by rubbing his ears and talking to him. get thye book.

• it depends on the type of dog most of the time you have to start as puppy's. my family has 3 dogs really good dogs. we make protecting us a game with them. we flip them off so that they bark at us then we run and let them chase us. then we let them cache us and we roll around of the floor.

• It could be that your dog wasn't properly socialized when he was very young.Young pups need to be exposed to many things,including other people,animals,outside noises etc.Just keep exposing your pup to all kinds of things,and reassure and praise him while doing so.