How do i get information about a female breeder for my male boxer?

i have a 5 year old pure breed akc registered male boxer and dont know where to look to find a female to breed with.

i have a 5 year old pure breed akc registered male boxer and dont know where to look to find a female to breed with....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do i get information about a female breeder for my male boxer?...

• How do i get information about a female breeder for my male boxer?

How do i get information about a female breeder for my male boxer? Other Pet Discussions
      i have a 5 year old pure breed akc registered male boxer and dont know where to look to find a female to breed with.

How do i get information about a female breeder for my male boxer? Other Pet Discussions
    • If your dog doesn't have health clearences and has been shown so someone would know it is a good specimin of the breed, then no one with a quality female would want to use your male. AKC registration doesn't mean everything!! It means the parents were registered. It does not imply quality. You will be left with another person who has a questionable quality female and you two can produce questionable quality puppies!!! Just what the world needs more of!!!!!Good luck finding a bottom of the barrel female to breed to!!!!!

• Hi, I have to agree with the replies above. Unless he is an oustanding example of the breed and has good hip and elbow-scores and clear eye and heart tests then no reputable breeder would want to use him. Therefore that is where you must start. Either get him into the showring or get him assessed by several breed experts to assertain that he is of breeding quality. Then get all the health checks done. Make sure that you research the health status of every dog in his 5 generation pedigree (at least) and that you know the faults and attributes of the lines used. Study the Breed Standard in depth as you will have to know what to look for in a suitable mate so that you do not double up on faults. Once this is all done then sit back and wait for a b1tchs owner to contact you as it is not common practice for stud owners to look for b1tches to mate - first contact is generally made by the b1tches owner. In the meantime read this link to help you understand how to spot the differences between a good and bad breeder http://www.dogplay.com/GettingDog/breedercomparison.htm

• As the others have stated, you shouldn't be breeding your male unless he's been proven in the showring and has had his hips, eyes, elbows etc certified. The question becomes not whether you can find someone with a female willing to breed with your boy, but whether you can find a reputable and experienced breeder with outstanding quality dogs to breed with him without your boy having the above stated qualifications.