What is it about newspaper that is so attractive to cats?

My cats can be nowhere to be seen for hours, but if I open up the newspaper to read it, one of them jumps up and sprawls out on it immediately.

My cats can be nowhere to be seen for hours, but if I open up the newspaper to read it, one of them jumps up and sprawls out on it immediately....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is it about newspaper that is so attractive to cats?...

• What is it about newspaper that is so attractive to cats?

What is it about newspaper that is so attractive to cats? Other Pet Discussions
      My cats can be nowhere to be seen for hours, but if I open up the newspaper to read it, one of them jumps up and sprawls out on it immediately.

What is it about newspaper that is so attractive to cats? Other Pet Discussions
    • yes, it makes a crinkly bed for them right in front of you, and then you have to pay attention to them! My cat also freaks if he hears my keys, because he knows I'm either leavin him or coming home, and he wants love!

• I'm pretty sure it's the noise the make. However, be careful as most cat books I've read warn against newpaper, as some are printed with inks that can be toxic to your cat.