What is the best way to find a new home for my dogs?

I have three doberman, 1 female (a red who is 3 years old), and 2 males (a black and a blue, brothers who are almost 1 1/2 years old). I recently got divorced and now there is no one home durring the day to care for them. I feel just terrible about…

I have three doberman, 1 female (a red who is 3 years old), and 2 males (a black and a blue, brothers who are almost 1 1/2 years old). I recently got divorced and now there is no one home durring the day to care for them. I feel just terrible about…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best way to find a new home for my dogs?...

• What is the best way to find a new home for my dogs?

What is the best way to find a new home for my dogs? Other Pet Discussions
      I have three doberman, 1 female (a red who is 3 years old), and 2 males (a black and a blue, brothers who are almost 1 1/2 years old). I recently got divorced and now there is no one home durring the day to care for them. I feel just terrible about leaving them alone all day because I work alot of hours. I think the best thing to do is to find a good place for them go, and I refuse to just take them to ths Humane Society. I am willing to give them away for free as long as I know they will be cared for properly and loved. I have asked most of the people I know and have only found one preson who is slightly interested and they live two states away and don't know when they could come to get the one that they want. Please give me some good advice on where to find some people that would love my dogs!

What is the best way to find a new home for my dogs? Other Pet Discussions
    • putt and add in the clasifieds and depending on where you live i might take them as a companion for my golden retriever:) but PLEEZZZ dont seperate them!

• why would you refuse to take them to the humane society??they can screen potential new owners WAY better than you can... nasty people who want to use your dogs to train their illegal fighting dogs to kill will come to your house looking really respectable... or the people who want to sell them to reseach labs will come all nice with kids even....Contact the breeder you got them from or contact a Doberman Rescue group (the humane society or vet will know)A vet, or local dog club, might have bulletin board you can put posters upNEVER give dogs away free in the newspaper

• Put it in your local news paper. Someone should resond if you say they are free to a good home. If no one answers in a good amount of time...there are homes you can take the dogs too that will take care of them till they can find someone who wants them

• Check to see if there are any "no-kill" shelters in your area that will take your pets and find good homes for them. You can also research doberman rescue organizations, which specialize in your breed of dog and placing them in new homes. Good luck!

• If you live in a small or suburban town, you might be able to find a good home by placing their picture and some info on flyers to put up on the boards in grocery stores or local shops. Sometimes Wal-Mart will let you put up flyers, too. But before you give them away it would seem best to check out the people and make sure they would be able to care for them and if they are genuinely nice people. There's no telling about how that would turn out, but it's always an option. Otherwise, I would just continue to ask around, and see for yourself who you think would be best.

• I agree, try petfinder.com or find a local rescue organization. Specify whether you are willing to have them shipped or prefer local adopters. Please check out the people interested in your beauties and make sure they will have a loving, forever family.I agree with the refusal to take them to the humane society, I just found out our local "humane" society is in no way affiliated with the National Humane Society and is in fact a kill shelter after all...

• Some of these awnsers are horrible such as "anywhere will do". Make sure you have a GOOD home! Make a visit to their home to make sure. If you do take them to a humane society or shelter, make sure it is NO KILL! Make sure the dogs are not split apart. Some people who find dogs in want ads, sell them to pharmacuetical companies, so just don't give them to the first person who comes to your door. Make sure they are good people! The last thing you want is your dog to be locked up in a cage or tied outside, and what if the new owners don't know how to handle them. You sound like a good dog person and I really feel for you. Try any Doberman rescue. I know they will travel states away to find foster homes. Good Luck!