Does anyone know the proper way to breed corn snakes?

My son has a 2 yr old corn snake and we are wanting to breed her with a 3 yr old corn snake. We are not sure if we are just suppost to put them together or if there is a "proper" procedure to follow.Once I breed them, what precedures need to be…

My son has a 2 yr old corn snake and we are wanting to breed her with a 3 yr old corn snake. We are not sure if we are just suppost to put them together or if there is a "proper" procedure to follow.Once I breed them, what precedures need to be…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Does anyone know the proper way to breed corn snakes?...

• Does anyone know the proper way to breed corn snakes?

Does anyone know the proper way to breed corn snakes? Other Pet Discussions
      My son has a 2 yr old corn snake and we are wanting to breed her with a 3 yr old corn snake. We are not sure if we are just suppost to put them together or if there is a "proper" procedure to follow.Once I breed them, what precedures need to be followed?

Does anyone know the proper way to breed corn snakes? Other Pet Discussions
    • okay, all you have to do to breed any kind of snake or reptile, put them both in the same cage and they'll do the magic on their own. I have two crested geckos and all i ever had to do was put them in the same cage

• You will need to cool them this year so the male can produce viable sperm for the breeding season next year. You feed the female because she needs to be healthy enough to lay eggs and recover. If she isn't a healthy weight she could die laying eggs. The male needs to be healthy also. You start cooling in Nov to march and you feed her in march again. She will shed and when she does you introduce her into the Male's tank. You'll want to watch and make sure they don't eat each other. For a few weeks introduce her to him every few days to make sure copulation takes place. You can tell when she has had enough, when she pushes off the males advances. Keep her separate and keep feeding her. She will eventually go into a pre laying shed about 2 weeks before she lays her egg. After that she won't eat any more. You want to put a Tupperware with a hole cut in the top and moist moss in her tank. She will be searching for a good place to lay her eggs. Remove her water bowl because she may lay her eggs there and kill them. You will need an incubator, you can make on or order one on the net. You still have plenty of time to plan this out, the egg laying season is already over. Most corns lay their eggs in April May.