How do I teach my do not to bark at people?

When a visitor comes to my house, my 10 mth old minpin barks at them and carrys on like he wants to eat them....He sometimes will snarl but has never bit anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

When a visitor comes to my house, my 10 mth old minpin barks at them and carrys on like he wants to eat them....He sometimes will snarl but has never bit anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I teach my do not to bark at people?...

• How do I teach my do not to bark at people?

How do I teach my do not to bark at people? Other Pet Discussions
      When a visitor comes to my house, my 10 mth old minpin barks at them and carrys on like he wants to eat them....He sometimes will snarl but has never bit anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How do I teach my do not to bark at people? Other Pet Discussions
    • Min pins tend to be VERY yappy. Put him on a leash or harness and let your guest in. After a few seconds, tell him "Quiet" or "hush". Every time he barks after you give him your quiet command, give him a sharp tug on the leash or use the water spray (as the other writer suggests). Don't pick him up and cuddle him - that will only reward the barking and make him more aggressive.When he's quiet, praise in a nice calm voice.